Today Primorye is home to about 2 million people, over 60% of them are of working age. The unemployment rate in the region is steadily declining.
Today the higher education system of the Primorsky Krai has a wide range of educational services in types, forms and content. At the present, universities provide training in the 407 majors (fields of study) of higher professional education.
The Training is carried out by 7 state universities, 2 non-state universities, 3 branches of departmental institutions of Russian cities and 21 branches of higher education institutions of Primorsky Krai.
The number of students of all forms of training in higher educational institutions of Primorsky Krai amounts to 59.4 thousand people.
The preferences of secondary school graduates when choosing their future profession are given for the training courses such as economics and management, humanities, marine engineering, hospitality. Indicators of employment of graduates according to major groups remain consistently high (about 80%).
However, there is an increasing interest in engineering in the fields of electrical engineering, construction, oil and gas business, information technologies.
Secondary vocational education
The The system of vocational education is represented by 37 state institutions, including 1 establishment of federal jurisdiction (administered by the Ministry of sport, tourism and youth policy) and 36 – regional; 9 non-state institutions, 17 structural subdivisions of universities and 1 facility under the jurisdiction of Khabarovsky Krai.
In vocational educational institutions of the region it is established a system of training skilled workers (employees) and mid-career professionals in areas necessary for the functioning and development of industry, energy, transport, construction, shipbuilding and repairing, health care, education and culture, agriculture of the region.
Primorsky Krai is included in the list of subjects of the Russian Federation, where attraction of labor resources in the region is a priority. To attract workers from other regions of Russia sub-programme of mobility provides financial support to employers at the expense of means of federal and regional budgets. The amount of financial support is 225 thousand rubles for each employee. The employer has to spend not less than 75 thousand rubles on the arrangement of the involved citizen and his family members.
For participation in the sub-programme of mobility, the employer should implement an investment project on the territory of Primorsky Krai.
The main criteria for selection of participants:
- absence of overdue debts on taxes, duties and other mandatory payments to the budgets of the Russian Federation
- absence of debts on salary payment
- absence of proceedings in bankruptcy against the employer.
After the investment project has passed the selection procedure, the employer and the Department must enter into an agreement to participate in the sub-programme.
The indispensable prerequisite of the agreement is to support employees in the form of compensations and other payments. The employer also agrees not to reduce staff during the period of receipt and using of financial support under the sub-programme. After the conclusion of the agreement the employer is provided with a certificate confirming the participation of the employer in the sub-programme of mobility, giving him the right to receive financial support.
The number of employees engaged by the employers from other regions of the Russian Federation for implementation of investment projects, which were included in the sub-programme, for the period 2015 – 2017 will be at least 844 people.
Organizations, which have become participants of the sub-programme of mobility:
- OJSC "Far Eastern shipbuilding and ship repair center" (plans to attract 618 people in 2015-2017) – project under implementation: "Creation of a shipbuilding complex "Star" in the South of Primorsky Krai";
- JSC "Yuzhmorrybflot", Group of companies "Dobroflot" (planning to attract 142 people in 2015) – investment projects under implementation" "Creating of logistics center for the storage and transshipment of goods "Red Vympel" on the territory of the Bolshoi Kamen" (30 people); "Reconstruction of the equipment and improving the capacity of stain-canned factory of JSC "Yuzhmorrybflot" and increase of production" (112);
- LLC "Livadia repair shipbuilding yard", Group of companies "Dobroflot" (plans to attract 84 people in 2015) – project under implementation: "Reconstruction of Livadia repair shipbuilding yard".